A competition will enable French-speaking start-ups and SMEs to present their innovations to protect the Mediterranean and its coastline
This competition, named “My Med”, will have to answer one of the five challenges with the help of large companies:
- How to limit the impact of economic activities on the sea and the coast?
- How can we develop an economy based on resources while preserving them?
- How can we protect maritime and coastal biodiversity?
- How can we make coastal protection everyone's business?
- How can we limit and turn plastic waste into a resource for the territories?
This competition is supported by 15 companies of the Club Top 20 (Eaux de Marseille, Caisse d'Epargne Provence-Alpes-Corse, Airbus, ArcelorMittal Méditerranée ...).
The official prize-giving ceremony (six winning projects) will take place on 20 June 2020 in Marseille during the IUCN World Conservation Congress.
You can find more information here.